All Saint’s Anglican Church, Murwillumbah

This organ was built in 1926 by C. W. Leggo of Sydney with pneumatic action in the picturesque cane town of Murwillumbah, N.S.W. This organ had been moved from the original wooden church and electrified by H. W. Jarrott.  In 1998, Simon Pierce restored the organ. Restoration consisted of removing the internal pull-down magnets, and making new electro-pneumatic underaction with large pull-down motors, similar to that used previously.  All components were restored and the wind pressure returned to the original settings.  The pipework was cleaned and regulated.  With the new wind pressure and responsive action, the organ tone became warm and full, which was very effective in this large building.

Specifications:
GREAT                                                 PEDAL

16′        Bourdon                                32′        Harmonic Bass
8′        Open Diapason                      16′        Bourdon
8′        Dulciana                                 16′        Echo Bourdon (from Great)
8′        Clarabella 8′                           Principal (from Great)
4′        Principal                                   4′        Fifteenth (from Principal 8)
4′        Harmonic Flute
2′        Fifteenth                                  Usual couplers
TremulantPEDAL
SWELL

8′        Violin Diapason                        32′    Acoustic Bass
8′        Lieblich Gedact                        16′    Open Wood
8′        Salicional                                  16′    Bourdon
8′        Vox Celeste                               8′    Principal
4′        Gemshorn                                  8′    Bass Flute
8′        Cornopean
8′        Oboe
Swell Octave
Swell Sub
Tremulant

Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal
Swell to Great
Swell Sub
Swell Unison Off
Swell Super
Swell Super to Great
Swell Sub to Great
Great Super

Compass 61/30

St Andrew’s Anglican Church, Lismore

This tubular-pneumatic action instrument was installed by the British Pianoforte Depot Ltd. in 1914.  The English pipework and German mechanical components remained intact until rebuilds in 1957 and the early 1960’s.  General deterioration of the instrument saw the need for a proper restoration in the 1990’s, and, with the consultant Kelvin Hastie’s concurrence, our proposal for a conservative restoration (with the judicious replacement of some later-added stops) was accepted in 1994.  This process was carried out in two stages:

  1. Restoration of the bellows and trunking, replacement of blower motor, replacement of all puffers. The Great soundboard was moved forward on the standframe to allow it to project more effectively from the chamber into the nave.
  2. Restoration of soundboards, replacement of worn parts, cleaning of all pipes, repacking, regulation etc. A new Harmonic Flute 4′ was added to the Great and a Violin Diapason 8′ and Bourdon 16′ on the Swell (which were replaced in the 1957 rebuild).  All these stops were obtained from pipework out of the redundant 1881 Forster & Andrews Sydney University organ. The console was refurbished with replacement Stop Discs done in the original lettering style.

Specifications:
GREAT                                            PEDAL

8′     Open Diapason                         16′    Major Bass
8′     Stopped Diapason                    16′    Sub Bass
8′     Dulciana                                     8′    Bass Flute
4′     Principal                                    Tremulant
4′     Harmonic Flute                          Swell to Great
Swell to Pedal
2′     Fifteenth                                    Great to Pedal
Mixture IV ranks                               Compass 58/30
SWELL

16′     Bourdon
8′     Violin Diapason
8′     Salicional
8′     Lieblich Gedackt
8′     Celeste
4′     Salicet
2′     Principal
8′     Cornopean
8′     Oboe
Swell Octave Coupler

Tubular-pneumatic action
Three combination pistons to Great
Three Combination pistons to Swell
Electric blower.
British Pianoforte Depot.